As a PA you will be acting within your professional boundaries, providing care for patients from initial history taking, clinical assessment, diagnosis, treatment and evaluation of their care under the supervision of a GP/ Multi-Disciplinary Team in a community based setting. You will demonstrate safe, clinical decision-making and expert care for patients within General Practice. You will work with the MDT to support the delivery of policy and procedures and meet the needs of patients.
- To deliver a high standard of patient care using advanced autonomous clinical skills with in-depth theoretical knowledge and evidence based practice working with the supervision of a GP
- To manage a clinical caseload and deal with presenting patient’s needs in a primary care setting - and liaising between primary and second care.
- To provide clinical leadership where appropriate within practice and support other members of the team to develop and maintain clinical skills appropriate to your role and expertise.
Here at George Eliot our vision to‘excel at patient care’takes centre stage. An ever evolving clinically-led acute service provider we are on a journey to continually provide high quality, safe and responsive services delivered by inspiring, friendly and compassionate staff who share our corporate values which underpin everything we do. Our values are not just words on a piece of paper, they bond us together, reflect our ambition and shape who we are: Effective Open Communication
excellence and safety in everything we do
Challenge but support
Expect respect and dignity
Local health that inspires confidence
Benefits : On-site nursery, 27 days minimum annual leave plus bank holidays, cycle to work scheme, flexible working, on-site discounted gym, extensive in-house course learning directory, buying and selling of annual leave, subsidised restaurant, tranquillity garden and generous subsidised on-site parking.
Provide complete holistic care and assessment for patients in practice, community patients, housebound, frail, palliative care, dementia residential and nursing home patients aligned to the PCN.
- Instigate necessary invasive and non-invasive diagnostic tests or investigations and interpret findings/reports within the scope of a PA’s practice. Discuss the result and implications of laboratory investigations with patients.
- Utilise clinical guidelines and promote evidence-based practice.
- Offer a holistic service to patients and their families, developing where appropriate an on-going plan of care/support with an emphasis on prevention and self-care.
- Refer patients directly to other services or agencies using appropriate referral pathways.
- Ensure safe handover of care within and outside the practice as appropriate.
- Work directly with members of the practice primary health care team and support integrated patient cantered care through appropriate working with wider primary care / social care networks.
- Contribute to the practice quality targets to consistently achieve high standards of safe, evidence-based, cost-effective patient care and service delivery.
- Work with other members of the Primary care team including Clinical Pharmacists to support Structured Medication reviews.
- Participate in extended hours provision if required by the PCN