How you'll make a difference : You will make a difference as a Finance Officer by supporting the delivery of a range of quality and cost effective financial management and financial support within the children’s department of the council.
What will you be doing?
- You will be responsible for ensuring prompt follow up on requests that are received from internal/external customers.
- You will use your own initiative, developing and prioritising your work to meet set deadlines. You will also manage your own time to ensure key deadlines are met.
What we need from you :
- You will be have good numeracy and literacy skills and be familiar with report writing, presentations and IT skills
- You will have the ability to work with competing demands and deliver to deadlines.
- You will also have the ability to work on your own initiative and prioritise your workload effectively.
How a career at South Gloucestershire Council is different :
- We value our staff as individuals, investing in their careers and we are recognised for the quality, breadth and depth of our training and development offer, which helps make the greatest long-term difference in work.
- We trust our team to work in the way which allows them to make the biggest difference and we continue to invest in technology to help staff do their jobs to the best of their ability and celebrate innovation.
Our teams at South Gloucestershire Council are making a real difference to the lives of people who live, work and learn here.
- We’re providing essential services across our internal network to ensure we can fully support our community.
- We’re positive and forward thinking, always looking for new and innovative ways of working work and we’re ambitious about the future.
We've achieved a great deal, but we need talented and dedicated people to ensure we continue to make a difference.
**We’re making a difference, be part of it!