The FBS Delivery unit is responsible for day to day business delivery with regards to directorate wide activity and corporate wide projects such as our transformation programme. This role requires the management, scheduling and coordination of a range ofFBS directorate activities. These include FBS action plans, leadership meetings and reporting, cross directorate management information and communications. It will be responsible for providing workforce planning, performance reporting and assurance activitiesIt will require working closely with the FBS Leadership team and managing effective working relationships with a range of external stakeholders.
What you'll be working on
- Provide strategic support to the Leadership Team to enable them to make robust decisions, manage any associated risks and effectively lead the directorate.
- Manage delivery of FBS action plans which include divisional management plans, Home Safe and Well and Staff Engagement survey initiatives.
- Responsible for ensuring that L&D activity is coordinated, consistent and achieves our outcomes of a highly skilled and professional workforce able to support the business achieve its objectives
- Produce reports, presentations and other documents, collating and analysing relevant information and statistics from identified sources, to support FBS in the delivery of its business objectives.
- Manage and coordinate the FBS leadership cycle of activity to ensure required reporting is completed accurately and on time, to support effective management decision making. This will include such areas as performance reporting, risk management and managementassurance activities.
- Support coordination of FBS projects and initiatives to track progress and alignment with strategic goals. Identify opportunities to maximise efficiencies by sharing resource and minimising duplication
- Refine and deliver the FBS Communication strategy. Work with teams across FBS to ensure alignment.
- Seek and collate feedback on experiences within and working with FBS. Identify themes and trends. Recommend actions and drive continuous improvement plans.
- Be responsible for the oversight of workforce planning across FBS including production of timely reports.
- Manage ad-hoc tasks which are required for the successful performance of FBS, ensuring outcomes are aligned with the Company’s strategic direction. Act as the deputy for the Director at key stakeholder meetings / commitments as required.
To be successful you will have
- A strong track record of delivering outcomes and achievements and working with ambiguity in a complex change environment
- Ability to collate and report complex and challenging information to a variety of audiences in a clear and effective manner.
- Project management skills (a relevant qualification would be desirable) and a proven track record in delivering successful outcomes.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with other colleagues in a clear and a timely manner.
- Ability to collate information including constructive feedback and translate into comprehensive action plans.
- Ability to coordinate multiple activities and maximise opportunities for efficiencies and effective decision making.
- Experience developing and facilitating workshops and strategic days to achieve the required outcomes
A bit about us
The Business Delivery Unit is a central support function for Finance and Business Services, a 400 strong directorate that are responsible for delivery of a number of services including Finance, Estates and Facilities, Corporate Assurance, Enterprise ResourcePlanning system, Dartford Crossing and Network Claims.
At National Highways we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We’re proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to dobetter and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it - then you’ll be a great fit for our organisation.
As well as a competitive salary there are other benefits such as a strong pension, enhanced leave allowance and health and retail discounts.
And finally we reserve the right to close before the advertisement expires